eAuction
  Not just another Perl script
Google
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

If you use eAuction a lot and like it or if you make money from eAuction or from eAuction-related activities ...
then the project asks you for a donation in favor of the further development.

The forums are protected by
AccessControl
(written by Dieter Werner)
Click here if you want to check your IP against the most important RBLs of the net.
Click here in order to visite the AccessControl forums.

<< Visit the international e Auction Marketplace >>
Buy and sell PC and Consumer Electronic components

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
My written English (Read 2505 times)
tim200869
Ex Member

Re: My written English
Reply #3 - 06/22/05 at 01:46:04

I am part German and very sorry to say that your English is far better than my German will ever be.

Don't take it to heart.

Sein Engish ist sehr gut, mein Deutsch ist nicht.

Your compainent should remember that not only do you answer in English, your scripts are also in English.

Keep up the good work

Advertising
  IP Logged
mars
eAuction Expert
Tester

I love Perl

Reply #4 - 06/28/05 at 19:52:10

Dieter,

Upon investigation you will find that you speak and understand  a lot more English than your critics do German. That would classify you as erudite and your critics as ignoramuses.
If you English critics are American they are, for the most part, too lazy to learn another language or two so expect everone else on the planet to learn English. I know, being a gringo.

mars

Advertising
View Profile   IP Logged
p00bah
eAuction User

argh!! syntax
errors!!

Reply #5 - 07/17/05 at 13:00:48

Dieter:
Most of it has already been said but I felt I had to add my tuppenceworth...
I maintain that communication is key. I have read your responses to some less than intelligent questions (kudos my man, I wouldn't have the patience) and found them perfectly clear. In survival of the species the axiom is "adapt or die"- can anyone afford to be so inflexible as to not gloss over minor imperfections in order to glean information, knowledge and help?
As a native English speaker, I am more offended by the abuse the language suffers at the mouth of some English and American alleged native English speakers than any genuine effort made by an EASL (acromym for English As Second Language - not and NEVER any mis-spelled inference about donkeys, asses and the like  Kiss)

Do not allow the criticism of fools to even enter your stratosphere - you (and your linguistic abilities) are appreciated and  admired for your patience and for the sterling work you have done on this script.
Party on Dude!

Advertising
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 

If you like eAuction, please Rate it.
If you don't like eAuction, please Rate it too.

1 is being poor and 10 is being excellent

EveryScript

ip-location

AccessControl - Members Only